sand - complete set of every sand we have in stock - 12 ml screw top glass tube of each
The 9 sand types in the set:
1. orange pink dune sand derived from the Navajo Sandstone in Utah
2. yellow brown dune sand derived from a sandstone member in the Menefee Formation, New Mexico
3. black and white coral and basalt sand from South Point, Hawaii (only available in this set)
4. green sand, primarily olivine from South Point, Hawaii
5. angular black iridescent sand from the surface of a lava flow at Kalapana, Hawaii
6. chocolate brown beach sand, Rockaway Beach, California, primarily derived from rocks of the Jurassic/Cretaceous Franciscan Complex
7. sand derived from heterogeneous glacial till - Dorr Skeels Beach, Bull Lake, Montana
8. oolitic sand from Great Salt Lake, Utah
9. angular-grained quartz sand from Zuma Beach, Malibu, California
There are approximately 20-22 grams of sand in each tube by weight, 12 ml by volume.
Ships in a Regional Priority Mail box. There would be room in that box for other specimens at no increase in postage. Please request an invoice to avoid overpaying shipping, by clicking the "combine shipping" button in the cart. Click > Shipping < for shipping rates. Use back button to return to this page.
Making multiple purchases? Click on the "combine shipping" button in the shopping cart. We'll send an invoice with combined shipping. A link in that invoice will bring you back to checkout, no hassle.