sand - single tube of any sand we have in stock - make your own set at $2 per tube. Five sand types are shown
From left to right, the sands shown here are angular quartz sand from Zuma Beach, California, iridescent angular black sand from a lava flow at Kalapana, Hawaii, orange frosted-grain aeolian sand derived from the Navajo Sandstone in Utah, a heterogeneous glacial sand from Dorr Skeels Lake, Montana, and olivine sand from Hawaii. You can make up your own set by selecting any sand that we offer at $2 per tube
The tubes are16 ml each, optically clear polystyrene with screw caps. The plastic tubes are practical in a classroom and are somewhat student resistant, though a cap can be unscrewed. Good for student examination. Each sand has a data card with it.
We currently have these sand types in stock:
1. orange pink dune sand derived from the Navajo Sandstone in Utah
2. yellow brown dune sand derived from a sandstone member in the Menefee Formation, New Mexico
3. green sand, primarily olivine from South Point, Hawaii (temporarily out)
4. chocolate brown beach sand, Rockaway Beach, California, primarily derived from rocks of the Jurassic/Cretaceous Franciscan Complex
5. oolitic sand from Great Salt Lake, Utah
6. Zuma Beach, Malibu, California, primarily angular grains of clear and milky quartz
7. sand derived from heterogeneous glacial till - Dorr Skeels Beach, Bull Lake, Montana
8. orange tan sand derived from the Navajo Sandstone in the San Rafael Swell
9. Garnetiferous sand from Pfeiffer Beach, California
10. angular black basalt sand from the top of a lava flow in Hawaii (not rounded beach sand)
11. white gypsum sand from Lake Lucero, the same sand that forms the dunes at White Sands National Park
12. large-grained quartz dune sand, Monastery Beach, Carmel Bay, California
13. sand with a large percentage of glass grains related to Glass Beach, Ft. Bragg, California
14. iridescent coarse-grained angular basalt sand from a lava flow at Kalapana, Hawaii
Use the message box in the cart or at checkout to let us know which sands to pack. Just give each sand's number from this list.
Shipped in a First Class package unless combined with other items. Click > here < for shipping rates. Use back button to return to this page. If the weight goes over 16 ounces, these will ship regional Priority. The tubes weigh roughly 2 ounces each.
Making multiple purchases? Click on the "combine shipping" button in the shopping cart. We'll send an invoice with combined shipping. A link in that invoice will bring you back to checkout, no hassle.