sand - mixed set of five tubes of various sands selected by the buyer
From top to bottom, the sands shown here are olivine sand from South Point, Hawaii; a basalt and coral sand also from South Point; dune sand from Alvarado, Veracruz; dune sand derived from the Jurassic Navajo Sandstone in Utah; and dune sand derived from a sandstone member in the Menefee Formation in New Mexico. You can make up your own set by selecting from any sand that we offer.
The middle tube shown is an interesting surprisingly coarse dune sand from coastal dunes south of Alvarado, Veracruz, Mexico. We have sold all of this particular sand.
Set of five tubes, polystyrene with screw caps. The plastic tubes are practical in a classroom and are somewhat student resistant, though a cap can be unscrewed. Good for student examination. Each sand has a data card with it. We currently have these sand types in stock:
1. orange pink dune sand derived from the Navajo Sandstone in Utah
2. yellow brown dune sand derived from a sandstone member in the Menefee Formation, New Mexico
3. black and white coral and basalt sand from South Point, Hawaii
4. green sand, primarily olivine from South Point, Hawaii (temporarily out of stock)
5. coarse black iridescent sand from the surface of a lava flow at Kalapana, Hawaii (a few tubes left)
6. chocolate brown beach sand, Rockaway Beach, California, primarily derived from rocks of the Jurassic/Cretaceous Franciscan Complex
7. pinkish garnet/quartz sand from Pfeiffer Beach, California
8. oolitic sand from Great Salt Lake, Utah
Use the message box in the cart to let us know which five to pack.
Shipped in a First Class package unless combined with other items. Click > Shipping < for shipping rates. Use back button to return to this page.
Making multiple purchases? Click on the "combine shipping" button in the shopping cart. We'll send an invoice with combined shipping. A link in that invoice will bring you back to checkout, no hassle.