sand - single tube of any of the sand types we have in stock
Single tube of any of the sands we have in stock. You can either email your selection, or if requesting an invoice, you can add your selection there.
The single tube shown is an interesting surprisingly coarse dune sand from the Gulf of Mexico south of Alvarado, Veracruz, Mexico. It is now out of stock. We currently have seven sand types in stock and will be adding more. You can select by giving us the number of the sand types you want us to pack.
From top to bottom, the sands shown here are olivine sand from South Point, Hawaii; a basalt and coral sand also from South Point; Alvarado, Veracruz dune sand (we are out of this); dune sand derived from the Jurassic Navajo Sandstone in Utah; and dune sand derived from a sandstone member of the Menefee Formation in New Mexico. You can make up your own set by selecting from any sand that we offer. Use the "Contact seller" link in the shopping cart, or the "Ask a question" link on this page, below.
These sands are currently available:
- orange pink dune sand derived from the Navajo Sandstone in Utah
- yellow brown dune sand derived from a sandstone member in the Menefee Formation, New Mexico
- black and white coral and basalt sand from South Point, Hawaii
- green sand, primarily olivine from South Point, Hawaii temporarily out of stock - back as soon as a construction project finishes and we have access to a storeroom again
- coarse black iridescent sand from the surface of a lava flow at Kalapana, Hawaii temporarily out
- chocolate brown beach sand, Rockaway Beach, California, primarily derived from rocks of the Jurassic/Cretaceous Franciscan Complex
pinkish garnet/quartz sand from Pfeiffer Beach, California
oolitic sand from the Great Salt Lake
angular grains of primarily clear and milky quartz sand from Zuma Beach, Malibu, California
These tubes are 16 ml optically clear polystyrene with screw caps. The plastic tubes are practical in a classroom and are somewhat student resistant, though a cap can be unscrewed. Good for student examination. Each sand has a data card with it.
Making multiple purchases? Click on the "combine shipping" button in the shopping cart. We'll send an invoice with combined shipping. A link in that invoice will bring you back to checkout, no hassle.
Shipped in a First Class package unless combined with other items. Click > Shipping < for shipping rates. Use back button to return to this page.